It’s time to restore common sense to our immigration laws, fairness to our detention system, and discretion to removal procedures.
- End the indefinite and arbitrary detention of immigrants. It’s not fair and it’s not right.
- Ban racial profiling by federal, state and local police and law enforcement agencies.
- End the Department of Homeland Security detention quota system: Rounding up immigrants just to fill beds is a waste of taxpayer resources.
- Judges should have the ability to weigh all of the circumstances of a case – seriousness, age, and time served – before making a judgment. Don’t tie the hands of justice.
- Immigrants should have a fair day in court, and access to appointed counsel, to make their case.